August 23, 2007

The Periodic Table of Cleaning

I love a clean house. That is the one thing about this whole renovation process that has been driving me nuts... constant dust EVERYWHERE. I spend an entire weekend cleaning, only to come back from work on Monday to find the house dirty once again - sawdust, drywall dust, insulation dust, Charlevoix dust... Soon the dust will settle, well, at least until construction on the first floor begins. As soon as it does though, I'll be able to love a clean house for longer than just 24 hours once again... I cannot wait. In the meantime, I thought I would share Real Simple's Periodic Table of Cleaning. I thought it was a fun graphic tool, for a boring routine such as cleaning, even though most of the elements listed are pretty obvious. What they should REALLY come out with is a Periodic Table of Home Maintenance - a checklist and calendar of home upkeep and repair. I'll have to contact Real Simple about that...

No comments: